Tuesday 17 July 2012

Quinoa, Corn & Scallion Salad


I recently borrowed a recipe book from Tara I've been meaning to go through for a long time, "Home Made"by Yvette VanBoven. There are so many awesome recipes I still want to try! But the first thing that caught my eye was this twist on tabouleh. I made a couple modifications to the recipe (due to a cheese-choice mistake and limited funds), but overall it is quite similar to what is displayed in the book. Definitely scrumptious and packed with NUTRITION.. which is something I've kind of been lacking lately. Needed some sort of salad to reverse this trend, and this happened to be the perfect pick.


Ingredients
1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
4 fresh ears of corn or 1 large can of corn kernels
6 scallions
1 bunch flat leaf parsley
2 small heads baby romaine (I just bought a bag of pre-cut romaine)
1 1/4 cups aged goats cheese (YUM! However, I screwed this up and ended up adding shredded gruyere to try and self-correct)

Dressing
2 tbsp prepared mustard (I have this vinaigrette dijon that is delish- brand is "maison orphee")
1 clove garlic
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 white wine vinegar
2/3 cup grape seed oil

Make sure quinoa is either already cooled or run it under cold water in a sieve to cool it down, let drain. Cut the scallions into rounds, finely chop the parsley, cut the cheese into small dice. Mix everything together well.

To make the dressing I used my blender (magic bullet)...combine everything and pulse it until smooth. Pour over salad and mix well.

No comments:

Post a Comment