Sunday 9 December 2012

Luscious Lemon Cheesecake




Happy December, 9th.

Today was my work pot-luck party! Can you say food baby? There were sooo many good dishes there, I ate way too much (couldn't help myself).... and we also exchanged secret santa presents! Emily, my GEM partner in crime, got me and obviously bought me some beautiful ornaments that match my "christmas tree scheme" I've been ranting about to her for weeks. They're these pretty glass balls with white feathers inside and silver snowflakes on the outside. SO. PERFECT.

But back to the food. After careful contemplation, and changing my mind about eight times, I decided on cheesecake as the best plate to bring. What kind of cheesecake? Lemon. The sweetness of the custardy cheese filling with the tart lemon curd are a match made in heaven. Believe me.... I had two pieces, and am STILL eating it (there's not much left) so if anyone wants a fail-proof perfect cheesecake recipe for the holidays, this is it.

Ingredients

Crust
1 1/3 cup graham crumbs
1/3 cup sugar
6 tbsp butter, melted
1/8 tsp salt

Filling
3 eight-oz packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
3 large eggs
3/4 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
about 1 cup lemon curd (this you can make homemade or buy it in the store- i bought it this time)


Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 350*F. Mix crumbs, sugar, salt, and melted butter in a bowl, and press into a 9-inch spring-form pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove and set on a wire rack to cool, and lower the oven temperature to 300*F.

2. Beat cream cheese and sugar together in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add the eggs, one at a time, until all are incorporated into the cream cheese mixture.
4. Mix in sour cream and vanilla.
5. Pour filling into the pan on top of the prepared crust.
6. Using a spoon, dollop the lemon curd all over the top of the filling, and use a knife to swirl it around until its spread out well.
7. Bake (in oven which has been turned down to 300*F) for 50-60 minutes. The centre may still be a bit wobbly when you take it out, but it will firm up.
8. Set on cooling rack to cool for 30 minutes before placing in the fridge. Serve cool.

Follow Me on Pinterest

1 comment: