Tuesday 1 January 2013

New Year, New Recipes


Happy New Year!
I hope 2012 was good to you.
Mine had its up's and down's, but mostly up's. Highlights of my year included:


  • Being hired at Bridgehead, my favourite 'caffee shaap'. Without Bridgehead, I wouldn't have met some of my very best friends today. You guys are some of my favourites (I came for the lattes, I stayed for the people).
  • A couple particular cottage visits, which involved a tonne of guacamole, drinks, marshmallows, the 'ladder of death,' falling out of kayaks into knee deep mud, a few chocolate desserts, and a bit of skinny dipping.
  • Working up the motivation and commitment to apply to five graduate schools, four of which are not in Canada. 
  • Visiting Xcalak, and meeting more people who have become my favourites! In Xcalak (Mexico), I completed my open water diver cert. with a great dive instructor and the help of a few awesome dive masters. I miss you all and promise I'll see you again within six months! :)
  • Being hired at Keller Williams Ottawa. I really enjoy going to work and working alongside you girls! It is an absolute pleasure.
I think my parents should get an honourable mention for purchasing the best gift I could have asked for. I was lucky enough to receive my very own KitchenAid stand mixer this Christmas. My future baking endeavours will definitely not be any simpler, but this might help.


I think the best part about 2013 is it is so uncertain for me. It could go anywhere at this point, and that is so overwhelmingly exciting. Change is good, I really embrace it, and its time for change. A big one. I just don't know what that entails yet. 

I have definitely enjoyed creating new and fun delicacies this past year, and sharing them with you. I hope I've inspired some of you to try making some new things yourself, to "bake outside the box," and to eat that last cupcake.

Here's to 2013.



No comments:

Post a Comment